Wednesday, August 1, 2007

traveling the world

Me: a middle aged single guy who has been doing IT for way too long. Sees his life as gilded cage, pretty comfortable but uninteresting. Seeks adventure, but sometimes afraid.

So thats a basic summary of me.

ok for the last 5 years, i've been trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. So i've gone through a process of learning. So I've tried a bunch of stuff hoping to gain some insight. I've joined clubs, taken leadership roles, done acting .... The list goes on, but i never got that a-ha moment. Actually not entirely true. What i have learned is that you learn from doing and failing. Ok, so here i am trying to figure out what i want to do next and feeling like i'm getting older, when i started to ask myself what i want to do but have been to chicken to. On that list would be to travel the world.

So here goes this blog is going to be about plans and journey to get a trip planned. I'm going to try to organize info that i've gotten that maybe useful for those who also planning a trip. anyway, i'm looking forward to this blog and for someone who sometimes procrastinates, this blog will help me commit to this.

I'm hoping that once i get this rolling that i can get people to send there tips or info that may help me and other world travelers.

Next blog i'm going to talk about some sites that i found to be useful.

No comments: